Using Flex Disc during sex can seem a bit scary (like, how does everything fit?!) but it’s so comfortable you won’t even notice it’s there (and your partner shouldn't either).
1. Yay for foreplay: You may already know this, but during sex, the vagina expands when aroused. This shift is essential during sex when it comes to your comfort and for making the disc work.
2. Heavy days: We know the 12hrs of leak-free wear is an awesome perk of using the discs, but on heavier days, we recommend putting in a new disc before sex if you've had it in for around 10-11hrs just as an extra step to ensure that you don't get any unexpected leaks. As a general rule though, if you've been wearing your discs for a bit and you feel like your sexy-time will tip you over that 12hr mark, put in a new disc before.
3. If your disc is a little out of reach after sex, don’t panic: As we mentioned in tip #1, your vagina can actually double in length when you’re aroused. Rigorous internal movement can shift the disc a bit but it’s nothing to worry about.
If that happens, simply wait 15-30mins and push with your pelvic muscles (like you would when you’re going to the bathroom) and the disc will immediately move into the vaginal canal making it easier to remove.
4. Don’t be afraid to adjust: It’s rare but if you’re switching positions and feel the disc come loose, don’t be afraid to just tuck it back up behind the pubic bone. It’s quick to do and won’t ruin the moment.
5. It can be worn with any birth control: Flex Disc is not a contraceptive and should be worn in conjunction with your preferred method of birth control.
6. If your partner can feel it, switch it up: If your partner says they can feel it, know that it likely feels exactly like a NuvaRing does––no pain, just a hint that something’s there. Try changing positions and keep the communication flowing so it’s good for both of you.
7. Warning: you may have stronger orgasms: some users (us included) actually have stronger orgasms while wearing Flex Disc because it gently rubs on the cervix during intercourse for additional stimulation.